From: choose.a.username at hushmail.com (choose.a.username@...hmail.com)
Subject: Re: it\'s all about timing

Let me ask you this, who _exactly_ is bound by the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT?

Why not have the vendor include in it, "if you find a bug in our product, agree to inform us and us only until we resolve the issue"

I come to your house and play on your machine. You are the party who installed the software and selected "I agree" when you installed that piece of software. Now I find a bug and do with it as I see fit. Is this correct?

I think one of the anti virus companies tried to pull a similar stung in the EULA where by accepting installation you were not allowed to write a review of their product without their permission. In New York or New Jersey possibly, the States Attorney shot it down in two seconds. Cannot remember the vendor Mckafee or nai or symantec or something.

Any in the scenario above where I use your machine and installed software and find a bug, given there is that condition in the EULA to which you, the party who installed the software and agreed to the terms, am I now bound too?

Communicate in total privacy.