From: choose.a.username at hushmail.com (choose.a.username@...hmail.com)
Subject: Re: it\'s all about timing

I keep re-reading this and all I get out of it is, the vendor is doing the customer an enormous favor by allowing them to report a problem with their product.

Why does this stick in my throat?

"it will be easier for people to report vulnerabilities to them"

Is that so? Who is doing who the favor. Someone who spends hundereds of dollars or thousands of dollars and finds a problem in that vendors product. Or the vendor for allowing you, the customer, to buy their product? You should be honored by giving your hard earned money to me the vendor. Here take my product and tough shit if it doesn't work well.

How about fuck the vendor. Find a bug, post away 0-day? Or give me money back for the defective product you sold me plus compensation for the time and effort it took me to fix the problems your software did on my machine.

Communicate in total privacy.