From: mattmurphy at kc.rr.com (Matthew Murphy)
Subject: (no subject)

    Over these last few days we have (obviously) faced numerous maladies
such as mass junk mail, attacks against mailservers, ... but we are still
here.  However, I see no need at all to bashing each other over our
on the list both amplifies the effect of the idiots' posts, and lets them
know that their effort is working -- that has got to stop.

    I will be the first one to say that I applaud how Len has handled all of
this -- the list must not be moderated.  Moderating the list would be giving
a victory to some of the lowest scum of all time.  Rather than seek
alternatives, we have to be firm about the reason this list was created in
the first place -- freedom of information.  This list was created to inform,
and inform quickly.  By advocating moderation, you are essentially
advocating destroying the list.

    These last few days have been a test of how strongly we believed in the
idea that all information should be delivered in a timely fashion.  Someone
who truly believes in the concept of full disclosure will stand up for it
even as the very concept itself is attacked.  Advocating moderation of the
list, or bringing your personal struggles to the list as it faces this
attack shows that your belief in the concept of full disclosure is
incredibly weak.

    We must direct our anger towards these losers at these losers.  Anything
else is an attack against our own values.  While they claim to be hackers,
their method of attack shows them to be nothing more than spoiled children.
You can either fight them or give up, there's not an inch of middle ground.
Are you up for it?