From: cerebus at sackheads.org (Timothy J.Miller)
Subject: (no subject)

On Friday, August 16, 2002, at 01:42 PM, Matthew Murphy wrote:

>> So vendors are giving people a false sense of security -- but, isn't
>> the
> purpose of this list (at least in part) to expose such things (by
> presenting
> timely information, etc.)?  In that case, what purpose would attacking
> the list serve?

I never said I condoned their activity, just that I understand their
motivations and in some limited way sympathize with them.  In their own
view (or, more accurately, in their view as it seems to *me*), attacking
the list disrupts the flow of information from the legitimate community
into the hands of what they see as an illegitimate community-- the
semi-skilled security "experts."

-- Cerebus