From: security at australia.edu (security@...tralia.edu)
Subject: more than idle threats I'm afraid

Anodyne Perspective replied to my original post with ;

>--- security@...tralia.edu wrote:
>[snip]
>>     To make a long story short, I woke up yesterday
>> to find this in my home
>> directory :
>>
>> ./MeMe156/agent.agency.08.14.02.2348/added
>> .agent.sol
>>

>> after looking through ;
>> /var/adm/messages
>> /var/adm/syslog
>>
>> to no avail, I used what I thought to be a clever
>> script that logs
>> auth.notice messages. NOTHING
>>
>> /var/log/utmp; /var/log/utmpx
>> /var/log/wtmp; /var/log/wtmpx
>> /var/log/syslog
>>
>> nothing. But then /var/log/sulog  showed me this;
>> SU 08/15 12:47 + pts/0 <userid>-root
>>  and /var/adm/messages revealed this
>> Aug 15 12:48:41 ***.***.***.*** unix: rebooting...
>>
>> almost convenient that it was there at all. If
>> anyone else has any
>> information remotely related please respond.
>>
>> I administer a private lab running 2 Sun LX50's
>> involved in active Ionospheric
>> research and HF analysis.
>
>[snip]
>
>Sure, more than an idle threat to you, but only
>because you waited too long to mitigate or prevent the
>usability or an exploit on your systems, or you didn't
>prevent remote/networked access prior to now.  What's
>new about this?  What's especially scary?  Nothing.

# waited too long? Did you stop too see what really happened here
# before you jumped in and shot off your mouth about somthing that #you have
obviously have no clue about. If it were the old lit_tty
#bug, I don't think it would need a reboot.
# And as for scary? Maybe you should take a look at the nature of #advanced
Ionospheric research before you comment on it. Sure, we #only pump about 1/3
of the juice through our dipole array as the #big guys(HAARP). Anyways, all
our systems are down until we can do #a thourough low level analysis. It IS
scary Anodyne. More than you #know. I asked for help, not blind ignorant flaming.

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/index1.html

This message was sent from http://australia.edu
Check out the new international site at http://australia.edu/international