From: aliver at xexil.com (aliver@...il.com)
Subject: HP Full Disclosure Story

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Tamer Sahin wrote:
> vulnerability affected 8 different swicth models. There had been an
> interesting mail traffic between HP Security Response Team and me.

	Thanks a ton Tamer for sharing this! I think it's exactly the kind
of thing that the "security community" needs to see. This response is the
type of thing that I believe we will see more and more of. Things like the
DCMA, Wassanar, and the corporate view of "free" (as in if you pay for it)
speech. Funny (not) how guys like this HP goon that threatened you love to
invoke the specter of the September 11 tragedy, and make "terrorist"
insinuations. It was also amusing how this guy acted like they'd take
their sweet time and do as they damn well pleased until you released your
advisory, then promptly released their own. I just hope they don't sue
you.

aliver