From: rfp_the_ripper at hushmail.com (rfp_the_ripper@...hmail.com)
Subject: Of course you guys support full-disclosure

I challenge you to name a SINGLE ~el8 member who works in
the security industry. Gweeds and silvio ARE NOT ~el8
members. Gweeds was misassociated by Thomas Greene
who learned that Gweeds had a shell on eurocompton.net,
which is not an ~el8 machine (one of its users merely
provided an ~el8 mirror and hosted the PHC site there).
A lot of people have a shell have this machine; it's like
an EFNet hobbiton.org. Silvio misrepresented ~el8
at Defcon by wearing an ~el8 t-shirt. If you saw the
greyhat-IS-whitehat.txt on the PHC website, you'd learn
that silvio from Qualys was named an ~el8 poser.

I hear the ezine is published by one or two guys.

You ran your mouth to Brian McWilliams for his Wired
article, making that comment about them not being scriptkids,
and then when attacked for that comment on this list,
you informed us that you have worked with these guys in the
past and know their skillset. Yet, why is it that no ~el8
member knows you as being anything more than The VulnWatch
Guy or The NMRC Guy?

If, on the other hand, you wish to concede that you're
merely pretending to know these guys or that you have
been misinformed, then that's fine with me.

P.S. Making money by doing what you enjoy does not make
doing what you enjoy morally right. I doubt even a hitman
would justify his criminal acts by saying such a thing.

I must also ask... if the security world has accomplished
so much in the last decade other than arming scriptkids and
cashing in on self-fulfilling prophecies, then why are the
hack logs of iss.net, securityfocus.com, bindview.com,
openwall.com, snort.org, and some individuals not worth
mentioning... awaiting publication in ~el8[4] ?