From: JGommers at gfo.nl (Gommers, Joep)
Subject: RE: remote kernel exploits?

Hello!,

> - - You'd think several high profile sites would've been
> attacked already
> with such devastating exploits, but I've seen no reports of this. In
> fact, if the kids really did have such an exploit, you'd think they'd
> tag their h4ndl3z all over high profile sites. But according
> to Alldas,
> high profile defacements have been virtually nonexistent in the last
> year or so.

> - - Given the skill required to craft such an exploit, I'd think it
> would be way out of the grasp of the kids. Since no researcher has
> come forth with such a vulnerability, it's logical to conclude that
> this does not exist.

Why would all the good programmers be on the good side? You really think
there arn't groups out there that have outstandig coding skills. That could
make such exploits, and find such errors. I personnaly think, and know
pretty sure, that there are plenty of outstandig hackers outthere that could
make such exploits and use it in such a way that it's not revieled to the
community.

"if the kids really did have such an exploit, you'd think they'd
tag their h4ndl3z all over high profile sites." who knows, but don't be to
sure ...

Cheers,

Joep Gommers