From: dotslash at snosoft.com (KF)
Subject: iDEFENSE OSF1/Tru64 3.x vuln clarification

I did send an non-formal release of the information in which did go into
explicit detail.... http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/290115 if
you did not open the .tar file contained within I will paste the
important information below...

I certainly stand corrected on the -xrm and -s long strings to uucp and
dxterm...

Also for those of you not aware the exploits are available on our web
site...
http://www.snosoft.com/research/source/TRU64_xkb.txt
http://www.snosoft.com/research/source/TRU64_nlspath.txt
http://www.snosoft.com/research/source/TRU64_dxterm.txt
http://www.snosoft.com/research/source/TRU64_dtterm.txt
http://www.snosoft.com/research/source/TRU64_dtprintinfo.txt
http://www.snosoft.com/research/source/TRU64_dtaction.txt
http://www.snosoft.com/research/source/TRU64_su.txt

This was the information CERT STILL has not released... (included in our
labor day release)

 VU#158499 - csh vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable
 VU#510235 - dtsession vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable

 VU#846307 - dxsysinfo vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable
 VU#671627 - dxchpwd vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable

 VU#836275 - dtaction vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as "-contextDir" command line argument

 VU#600699 - dtprintinfo vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string
of characters supplied as "-p" command line argument
 VU#320067 - dtterm vulnerable to heap overflow via long string of
characters supplied as "-tn" command line argument

 VU#931579 - dxterm vulnerable to heap overflow via long string of
characters supplied as "-customization" command line argument

 VU#193347 - Compaq Tru64 non-executeable stack contains buffer overflow
in SIA libraries

 VU#435611 - /usr/bin/at command vulnerable to buffer overflow via long
string of characters supplied as command line argument

 VU#202939 - dtterm vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as "DISPLAY" environment variable

 VU#693803 - dxpause contains buffer overflow in _XKB_CHARSET library

 VU#569987 - dxconsole contains buffer overflow in _XKB_CHARSET library

 VU#584243 - dtsession contains buffer overflow in _XKB_CHARSET library

 VU#567963 - imapd vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable

 VU#592515 - inc vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable

 VU#448987 - uucp vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable

 VU#437899 - uux vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable

 VU#531355 - rdist vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable

 VU#416427 - deliver vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
characters supplied as $NLSPATH environment variable

 VU#177067 - Compaq Tru64 "/usr/bin/passwd" vulnerable to buffer
overflow via long string of characters

 VU#864083 - Compaq Tru64 "/bin/chsh" vulnerable to buffer overflow via
long string of characters

 VU#137555 - chfn vulnerable to buffer overflow via long string of
character supplied as command line argument

-KF