From: SMoyer at rgare.com (Moyer, Shawn)
Subject: Re: MS-02-052

Hehe, how dare you try to bring a thread back on-topic! I agree on this,
I've seen the same message about saying "yes" to and security boxes come up
a number of times via WU. Don't know why MS went to all the trouble of
building the code-signing components and then doesn't bother to use their
own code. Ever notice that "check server cert revocation" is off by default,
too? Yay.

It is quite lame to make this only available via Windows Update. A lot of
people are deploying their own internal patch management methods and
blocking Windows Update / disabling the new AutoUpdate stuff so that patches
can be tested and verified first rather than letting the end-user make the
call. Not making the patches available any other way makes that kinda tough
to do. Hopefully we'll see the same patch in another form later on.

--shawn