From: core at bokeoa.com (Charles Stevenson)
Subject: THREATCON HITTING DANGEROUS LEVELS!

Dave, all,

Dave Wilson wrote:
 > How about not misusing exec()?  'course not, let's patch our kernels to
 > stop idiots from using exec()!!

Yeah really let's add thousands of lines of broken code to fix a problem
that never existed. Just like all these bullshit lkms and other lame
excuses for security software that reinvent the wheel. Every kernel
since 2.2.13 has had support for Linux Capabilities. This is native to
the OS people. USE IT! For fucks sake. I can secure a box with one
command line. Not that it'd be useable to much extent if I turned all
capabilities off but I'm just pointing out that so many of you are so
fucking lazy and unwilling to read the fucking MANUAL that you go off
and create some half assed forked software abstraction that micromanages
the OS. Is this not counterintuitive? Hey let's have software make sure
the OS is not getting hacked. Bahahaha. If you people are running grsec,
st. michael, st. jude, yet another st. lkm I seriously think you ought
to laugh real hard at yourself for not really looking into how to secure
your OS with it's native features. RTFM!!! FFS!!! FOAD!!!! (That's: Read
the fucking manual (type man;), for fucks sake!!! Fuck off and die!).
But you know I still love you all.

peace,
core

--
   Charles Stevenson (core) <core@...eoa.com>
   Lab Assistant, College of Eastern Utah San Juan Campus