From: Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE (Florian Weimer)
Subject: zen-parse@....de is not zen-parse@....net

zen-parse <zen-parse@....net> writes:

> With regards to dealing with iDefense: It's an easier way for me to make
> sure something is disclosed in an appropriate manner than me finding and
> contacting all the people who need to be myself. And it gives me some
> money, which, believe it or not, is useful to have occasionally.

IMHO, the iDefense approach is highly questionable.  But I won't argue
with you in particular about it.

However, it's highly surprising that the Apache developers call the
iDefense approach "reasonable disclosure".  Is it reasonable to
disclose critical information on new security vulnerabilities to
potential but paying blackhats *on* *the* *same* *day* *the* *vendors*
*are* *notified*?

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@...T.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/