From: staikos at 0wned.org (George Staikos)
Subject: sympatico.ca uses weak encryption on their billing server

Bell Canada Sympatico is one of the largest Internet providers in Canada.

After repeated requests over the past month to multiple addresses at Bell
Canada/Sympatico's security and network contacts, I have given up hope.
Their billing server, https://www.billing.sympatico.ca/, is still running
Netscape 3.6 SP3 with a 40 bit export-level encryption key.  They insist that
this is strong encryption, and the people answering my emails are too
incompetent to understand my concerns that they use a stronger encryption
key.  The responses I generally received were that I did not have my mouse in
the right place to see the padlock.

This server is used to store all the personal and billing information for
customers of Bell Sympatico.  It also allows customers to modify their
account settings and preferences.  Given the age of the software and the
known exploits for it, along with the weak encryption key in use, I recommend
not using the online account management system, and complaining very loudly
to Bell.

--

George Staikos