From: euan_briggs at btinternet.com (Euan Briggs)
Subject: Re: reply to criticism

> We have decided to avoid self-defeating personal vendettas

... yet this is precisely what you have proceeded to do in the rest
of the post.

 I am sorry if you mistook my posts as personal attacks, as they are
nothing of the kind. I am simply offering my personal insight into
the security scene, as I mentioned in the post, because it sheds some
light on the full-disclosure issue. Thus the subject line "a
different perspective".

 I dont see PHC as a "person" anyway, I think it is perfectly
legitemate to scrutinise the ideology of any activist group.

I posted because this is the first forum I have found which isn't
moderated to the extent that it doesnt allow frank political
discussion of the security scene, and I wanted to express my opinions
which despite what you obviously think, do have some value. It's just
a shame that instead of discussing any of the points raised, someone
had to resort to infantile tactics. Anyway, it's great to see the
politics of these issues being discussed and I hope it continues
without degrading into a PHC soapbox.

I believe in what I have posted and my perception of the security
scene, but I'm an open minded person and it would be great if someone
managed to prove me wrong and change my views. Thats the whole point
of discussion isnt it?

Also, don't take my post about the possibility that PHC could be
unwitting pawns in any strange project too literally. the intention
was to make you and others think about the detrimental effect PHC's
actions have on the very people they claim to represent. Given the
fact that it plays into the hands of the people you have designated
as your "enemies" so well, someone could be forgiven for thinking you
are working for them!

Finally, I don't think its up to anyone posting to this list to try
and state who is worth listening to and who isnt. If you don't like
the ideas that I post, I suggest you send your gripes to my email
address instead of lowering the tone and cluttering up the list with
junk. The only reason I have posted this now is because you
publically launched a personal attack against me and I believe I have
the right to defend myself and my posts. So if you dont resort to
getting aggressive and slandering me when faced with an opinion with
which you disagree, or have no interesting counter-argument to, I
won't need to respond and waste anyones time any further, simple as
that. This is my final word on this little spat and if you have any
problem with what I have just posted, send any response straight to
me, not the list please.

Euan