From: johnpf at atnet.net.au (John)
Subject: Australia becomes a police state [serious]

Sounds like Queensland pre Wayne Goss. I got in a _lot_ of trouble with
the Special Branch in those days. They had those sort of powers, the
only recourse you had was that if they tore your house/gear apart 3
times in 6 months without an arrest you could go them for harrassment.
Typically I'd get raided, then again in 3 months, then again in 3 months
and 1 day. We could predict the _exact_ day we'd be raided, as they made
a point of not having 3 raids within any 6 month period.