From: peter at bank-connect.com (Peter van den Heuvel)
Subject: Trustworthy Computing Mini-Poll

The entire idea of course is to steal the authority over the computer
away from the owner. Added security will not be part of that game as
long as M$ and the likes are the one that deliver and actually control
the software onto it. They get extreme rights on a "segment" of your own
computer where not even you can stop them from doing whatever they want.
Like more and more software already is doing quite uninhibited we will
see a further increasse in shameless commercial promotion and
exploitation of the user. If I look at the limited amount of controll I
am currently having on the numerous new M$ OS's and software like "free"
Oprah, RealPlayer, etc. I am getting a clear picture of where this is
leading. There's also free bandwidth, disk-space and CPU cycles that
they would like top get their hands on. Call me paranoid, but I think
that this thing is leading to bloody desaster.

Peter