From: orochford at inet-sec.org (O.C.Rochford)
Subject: Fwd: fuck symantec & boycott bugtraq

hello

that is quite frankly a lot of bollocks.

fact is that you can't research everything yourself, the amount of
information is just too great, all this does is remove a place where
peoples own research can be speeded up without having to reinvent the
wheel, as well as sharing the findings of research.

If you are saying you can audit the code of a whole OS yourself, than
you must be a code god, and all of these people who bitch about
"sciptkiddies" and the like just stealing other people's research
should only say so if they have never made use of these sources
themselves.
You have to start somewhere to learn, and you have to be able to pool
resources to share the load in auditing the amount of code and
programs available today.

regards
O.C.Rochford

--