From: BlueBoar at thievco.com (Blue Boar)
Subject: RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK
 PORT 1434!

Henrik Lund Kramsh?j wrote:
> Why do you consider it terrorism only when people are hurt directly?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=terrorism

Look at the definition of terrorism.  It includes concepts like coercing
society or government, through violence.  The terrorist has this intention
to coerce.

For the cyber bit, just tack "on the Internet" to the end of the
definition.  (Like concatenating "in bed" to fortune cookie fortunes.)  You
can't yet commit actual violence as most people think of it on the Internet
yet, so I'll assume it means attacking computers.

But my point is that for it to be cyber-terrorism, the worm author had to
intend to change people's behavior through fear.  We have no indication
that was the author's intention.  I also don't think you can say anyone is
in terror.  (Well, people may be afraid to put SQL Server on the Internet
with no firewalling, but that's an appropriate, rational fear.)

						BB