From: BlueBoar at thievco.com (Blue Boar)
Subject: Fw: Full Disclosure != Exploit Release - No
 disclosure No Fix

yossarian wrote:
> Why do I get the feeling that we are running around in circles on these
> lists? Discussion just don't get settled, and the more experienced people
> get tired, and just lurk or leave.

Because we are going in circles.  Much of the full disclosure debate is
based on opinions, assumptions, or gut feeling.  It's an incredibly complex
topic, and we don't have near enough information to "prove" anyone's
position.  It comes up all the time because something happens that seems to
lend weight to someone's side, or because some new form of pain occurs that
makes people question whether it's worth it.

I don't mind participating in an intelligent debate on it from time to
time, but don't expect anything to really be resolved.  The kinds of
studies that need to be done in this area are few and far between, and
usually are to small in scope, due to lack of resources.

					BB