From: avalon at coombs.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed)
Subject: CERT, Full Disclosure, and Security By Obscurity

In some mail from Grant Bayley, sie said:
> Access Denied
> This information is only accessible to authorised AusCERT members.
> If you wish to access this document.	Please Login.
>
> It's just lucky the information was already out there.
>
> We have our own self-appointed ivory tower here in Australia.
>
> It is called AusCERT.

Whatever you might think, AusCERT is like this because they get
bugger all funding from the Government and so need to be able
to provide their "members" with some sort of exclusive services
that they can collect money for in order to pay for staff and
facilities.

Even when it was Government funded, they had bugger all in the
way of (hardware) resources because it arose inside a Uni

I suppose my advice here is do not think of AusCERT or treat
them like an organisation that provides free service(s).

Darren