From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Paul Schmehl)
Subject: RE: [tFull-Disclosure] SQL Server patch -
	why doesn't Windows update help?

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 09:51, Roger Burton West wrote:

> Yes. But to get your system patched, you have to register.

You have to register to read articles at the NY Times site.  You have to
register to use RealPlayer.  Big deal.  Register with
idiot@...lplayer.com.  This ain't rocket science.

>  Which is what
> he said. (And it's not free if you have more than one machine.)

Not true.  You can register with different usernames.  You can also
register all your machines under one username and just "turn on" the one
you want to update at the website.

I'm not a fan of RedHat, I'm OS agnostic, but good grief!  It's amazing
the things people can complain about and never figure out how to get
around.  Use some brain power once in a while.  Sheesh!

Besides, he was complaining about the dependencies issue, which is no
longer an issue with RedHat.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer