From: yossarian at planet.nl (yossarian)
Subject: The worm author finally revealed!

Paul Schmehl Asked:
> How many systems are you responsible for?

None, at this moment - do management. Haven't been in the IT business for 25
years like you, only 14, and nearly all on the corporate side of it - not so
exciting as an edu. I guess I must be much younger or have taken much longer
to get my degree ;-)

But since you asked: I have been a network manager - responsible for infra
for 5 countries, 61 offices, 10.500 corporate computersystems, some 2000
from customers (Firewall farms, SAN/NAS, co-location, etc) we had some 1000
programmers, 7000 IT consultants - total helpdesk size 69 people, some 450
calls per day. Somewhere else I rebuilt an aircraft manufacturers network -
getting rid of Phase IV, PDP8's, replace international private backbone.
Earlies in life been responsible for all mail systems (PC clients, PC
servers, terminals, midrange, mainframe, in 52.000 user network) at bank,
total helpdesk size 337, average calls per day some 1400 from 37 countries.
Never did exciting things, though. I hope I qualify.

PS asked:
> And you own what?  Exactly?

In the real world owning is something investors and banks do - but:
CTO Security R&D company, 16 people - mainly stegano- and cryptography. Just
techies, no sales, no overhead. Except me, of course.

yossarian