From: bugtraq at 780inc.com (bugtraq@...inc.com)
Subject: (no subject)

So, really you didnt find a way to bypass every firewall you found a way to
upload/download files on a remote system. I have seen something like this
before.

alt

Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 01:58:44 -0300
From: ^Shadown^ <shadown@...iloche.com.ar>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: [Full-Disclosure] re: Global HIGH Security Risk

Dear Folks,

         I've set up a server behind a fw (ipchains) without gcc, with a
vulnerable daemon,
        the fw was set up just to allow the server to go through out by the
binded daemon
        port only.
        What I did first was just to code an exploit for the vulnerable
daemon and added a
        simple command sequence to write down to the server an uuencoded
file using vi
        editor, then uudecode it and un-tar.gz and that way could upload
binary files
        (which could be tools, sniffers, local exploits, etc). That way I
could upload
        binary to execute on the remote server. But I've wanted to download
files too (text
        and binaries) so I've coded a sniffer which listens for a specific
ID-secuence to
        start/stop dumping to a file. And coded a tool to send the ID-
secuence and the file
        to the sniffer. All this worked right.
        Then I removed all the programas that could be used as an text
editor (joe, vim,
        cat, ed, etc), uudecode/uuencode, and compressing file tools.
        And I began to develop a technique which may be apply in any
exploit code.
        It could be done many ways. Every coder is gonna do it it's own
way, but I did it
        mine.
        I've coded an exploit with few options -f file_to_upload -s
spawn_shell.
        The exploit sends diferent encrypted shellcodes depending the
options.
        A shellcode sends and writes down to /tmp the file which firstly
was fragmented by
        the exploit to be inserted into the multi shellcode sequence.(-f)
        The other is a standard shellcode.
        As simple as this, so you can upload and download any file type,
and executed on
        the remote server.
        I think this explains the idea.
        I wish to post the PoC, but don't wanna get in trouble.
        Cheers,
                ^Shadown^

        my pgp key: