From: steve.wray at paradise.net.nz (Steve Wray)
Subject: SQL Slammer - lessons learned

ok so how about some sort of 'driving test'
for internet access?

Proposed Scenario;
ISPs will give you unfiltered internet access if you can
pass a basic test demonstrating your ability to stop your
machine from being used to mess up internet access for others.
(Ok so MS engineers would probably *fail* as would Bill Gates...)

If you can't pass or don't want to sit the test, you
get internet access filtered to stop you from ignorantly
harming others.

Almost like a driving test; if you can't pass it or don't
want to sit it you get to ride a *mo-ped* so you aren't a danger
to others
;)