From: steffen at dett.de (Steffen Dettmer)
Subject: SQL Slammer - lessons learned (fwd) (fwd)

* Steve Wray wrote on Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 16:05 +1300:
> Driving Test.
>
> Do you have a driving license?  Did you buy it from a shop or
> did you have to demonstrate an acceptable level of competence?

It was a special offer in the super market :) just kidding.

I don't think that this helps, today an ISP should already know
about this (have a driving license), but even this is not true! I
think it's impossible to make good definitions what to test, so
it would become just an expensive but useless test. In contrast
to car driving, where you get more safe by the time, in security
you have to spent much more time each day or week to keep up to
date.

I think, there are already so much silly restrictions, I just
want no more. Well, in germany they talk about silly ideas like
as software patents and such junk, not seeing the trouble the US
already showed here, it's sad to look how it goes.

oki,

Steffen

es tr?gt daher weder Unterschrift noch Siegel.