From: Max.Rapaille at nbb.be (Rapaille Max)
Subject: Unusual request

Hi,

I did this kind of demo 2-3 times already, with a Win2k SP2 and IIS.
To add a layer, we just added a firewall between the ISS and the attacker PC ..  with just Port 80 incoming and, as (too)usual, All port open for outgoing...  Just using a unicode exploit, and then loading some tools, defacing web page, taking remote control, etc...  A lot of fun for Us, and great astonishment for the public..  Certainly with the firewall..  A lot of them where just saying, before the demo : We are secure, our integrator installed a firewall...
BTW, we also used some tools ike unicoder.pl and Upload.asp, to demonstrate, in a second time, how easy it is, even if you don't know what you do...

Good effect of awareness for those managers, Engineer, etc...

Good luck.

Max