From: schoe at oicinc.com (Sung J. Choe)
Subject: Cryptome Hacked!

Cryptome.org, a site for privacy enthusiasts and leftists alike, was
apparently hacked today.  Their server is up but "all files were deleted".
Besides the usual anti-American/anti-government vitriol that is usually
found at Cryptome.org, they also distribute crypto software.  This brings up
the following question: What is the best method for ensuring the integrity
of software which require a high level of trust?  I am almost sure that any
crypto software distributed by such extremists as John Young (operator of
cryptome.org) has been tampered with in some way.  Does anybody else share
this opinion?

| Sung J. Choe <schoe[at]oicinc.com>, TICSA        |
| Systems Administrator, Facility Security Officer |
                    | Oceanic Imaging Consultants, Inc. |
                    | Phone #: (808) 539-3634 x3634     |

568D CAD6 53A0 92E6 4A2A  4E87 3BA0 5F90 37BB 8EE7