From: argv at hushmail.com (ARGV)
Subject: [argv] sockz loves file exploit exploit

1. Topic:
	sockz loves file exploit exploit

2. Relevant versions:
        Vulnerable: ALL!

        Not Vulnerable:  NONE!

3. Problem description:
	The problem is rooted in script kiddies writing exploits for
	someone else's bad code, yet can't keep exploitable bugs out of their
	own 20 line code.  PRAISE THE OMNIPOTENT BLACKHAT!!!!

	We believe the problem comes from line 22, where is found
	the obfuscated comment:

	// I don't really know how to code, i just rip code and paste in
	// different string thingies

	We believe the above information to be correct, but we will need to
	perform a more thorough analysis of this incredibly complex piece
	of software.

	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&m=104696992100353&q=p3

	if(!argv[1]) usage(argv[0]);
	^ null pointer dereference

	sprintf(tmp,"echo>%s",evilfile);
	^ no bounds checking!! exploit!!
	system(tmp);
	^ no sanity checks!! evilfile = "blahblah | rm -rf /"
	fd=open(evilfile,O_WRONLY);
	^ whoa, what if it can't be opened?

	elfhdr.e_type=1; //type should by NOT ET_CORE (4) & NOT ET_EXEC (2)
					^ typo

4. Workaround:
	Read your "C in 24 hours" again, oh elite h4x0r
	Rinse
	Repeat
	Enlighten us yet again with your incredible works of art

5. References:
	GREETZ TO SOCKZ FOR THIS EXPLOIT!! WE LOVE YOUR INCESSANT RAMBLINGS,
	AND LOOK FORWARD TO MANY MORE!!

6. Contact:
        argv@...hmail.com

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: