From: drew at overt.org (Andrew Hintz (Drew))
Subject: grsecurity: Another one bites the dust...

I bet they're referring to this patent:

Security management system and method #6,542,993

Abstract:
A comprehensive system and method for managing security in an electronic
network. The method includes the steps of providing a plurality of security
services, providing a plurality of security mechanisms, and linking the
services and mechanisms with a plurality of security management functions.
<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect2=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2F
netahtml%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN%2F65429
93>

I just got a letter about this one too.  Oh well, what is this world coming
to?  All these patents and such...
I just don't get it.

HTH,
--
^Drew

http://guh.nu

--Begin PGP Fingerprint--
3C6C F712 0A52 BD33 C518  5798 9014 CA99 2DA0 5E78
--End PGP Fingerprint--