From: WPatterson at njtransit.com (WPatterson@...ransit.com)
Subject: Fwd: Internet Security Update

This is almost certainly a hoax/virus/trojan.  Microsoft is pretty anal
when it comes to their mass mailing emails, esp when it comes to their
use of English.  There are at least five grammatical errors, and one
style error, in this message, dissected below:

>  Microsoft Customer
>  <BR><BR>
>  this is the latest version of security update, the<BR>

No comma after salutation, no "This" not capitalized, should have been
'of THE security update'.

>  "April 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates<BR>
>  all known security vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer,<BR>
Outlook and Outlook Express as well as five newly

IE updates include Outlook Express updates, but almost never include
Outlook updates.  Outlook is considered an Office product, not an IE
product

>  <BR> discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your
computer<BR> from these vulnerabilities, the most serious >  of which
could allow<BR> an attacker to run executable on your system. This
update includes<BR> the functionality of
>  all previously released patches.<BR><BR>

"executable', above, should have an indefinite article ('an executable')
in front of it.

>  Recommendation
>  Customers should install the patch at the earliest opportunity.

No colon after Recommendation, correct phrase is "their earliest
opportunity".

That's enough.  There's more, but the point is made.  One last one,
though:

>  Thank you for using Microsoft products. With friendly greetings, MS
Network Security Center

Pretty nice touch.  Microsoft is never that friendly to me!

Bill Patterson