From: jhealy+full-disclosure at logn.net (Jason Healy)
Subject: Recommendations for a Passive Web Content Monitoring solution?

At 1049992100s since epoch (04/10/03 14:28:20 -0400 UTC), Nick Jacobsen wrote:
> I am not specifically looking for something that would trace it back
> to the employee, just something to give my client a good overview of
> most the surfing.

Couldn't you just use a forced (e.g., transparent) HTTP proxy?  I use
Squid at home as a transparent proxy for all the machines on my
network.  It keeps logs of all the URLs accessed, and I imagine there
are tools to analyze the log files (otherwise, 2 minutes' worth of
perl would get the logs into a form that you could analyze).

If you set it up for the network, you would be able to see all of the
requests from the network.  As a side bonus, you'd probably get better
connectivity from the caching...  =)

Jason

--
Jason Healy