From: nick at virus-l.demon.co.uk (Nick FitzGerald)
Subject: Administrivia: Vacation Messages - Update

> As a follow-up: I've added a header matching rule to try to catch
> these messages before they hit the list (causing the message to
> require manual approval from a moderator). This will also cause
> replies to be filtered accordingly - further follow-ups to vacation
> messages flagged in this way will *not* be approved. In the case
> of a message failing the header match, please *do not* reply to it.
>
> Whilst we want to maintain an open list environment, this type of
> noise is so off-topic I feel that it should be treated as a special
> case. Questions or comments are welcome off-list to my address.

So warning idiots of their grave lack of security clue is off-topic
for a "full disclosure" computer security mailing list?

Interesting...

Will the next "improvement" be a Bugtraq-like "wait some random
period between 48 and 96 hours before forwarding messages for
moderation"??

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald