From: mountainfury at hotmail.com (Kamal Habayeb)
Subject: PGP vs. certificate from Verisign

Excellent point, it makes me wonder too if the CA holds on to your keys and
maybe has some sort of agreement with the government to act as a key escrow
incase the government needs to decrypt some of your information.  I find it
hard to believe that the government just gave up after a couple of attempts
early on to control the crypto and be able to decrypt any information
(Clipper chip and mandatory key escrow in 1995).