From: rliebsch at stoneyamashita.com (Robert J. Liebsch)
Subject: [OFFTOPIC] Zone Alarm

Zone alarm works, but the free version tends to eat processor and memory
because of the "learning" of the software. So while its not really a hole, it
can be cumbersome and negatively affect performance of the host PC. This is a
known feature/bug and discussed at length on the Zone Alarm message boards.
As soon as you upgrade to the paid product, you get updates and ability to
better control processor and memory usage.

I would treat it as a layer of security and supplement it with a simple
Linksys offering NAT...

These two layers are effective for home computer users. Like a multivitamin
is better than just taking one.

Yes, there is much posturing. And ample digression. And a good dose of
derision.