From: len at netsys.com (Len Rose)
Subject: Administrivia: Charter Violations and Self-Moderation

We would like to ask everyone who feels the need to
respond with one line comments to someone elses
inflammtory message to try to restrain themselves
because you are becoming part of the problem.

Those who feel the need to respond to a particularly
stupid or offensive post please only respond to the
individual who has annoyed you.

This list cannot survive as a unmoderated forum unless
all of us exercise our best judgement, ignore trolls,
and exercise "self-moderation".

We shouldn't have to point this out but the last week
has shown that some of us are still not used to the
concept of a self-moderated list.

We hope everyone else will be patient and continue
to participate, it has been proof that an unmoderated
security list is viable.

If you're new to the list, please make sure you
actually do read the List Charter which is located
at http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

We can and will enforce the charter. We will even moderate
individuals if needed but honestly we abhor the idea
of controlling anyone's ability to be heard.

Thanks

Len