From: erc at pobox.com (Ed Carp)
Subject: Administrivia: Poll

> I've created a poll to address this "Morning Wood" issue.
> Quite a few people have been contacting us in regards to
> his behaviour on the list and needless to say no small
> number of people have left the list because of recent activity.

I have, for all intents and purposes, left the list.  I still get the posts,
but they all are flagged for deletion, and so I never see them.  I'm just
too damned busy to put up with the bullshit on the list to try and get the
few food posts.

Morning Wood isn't the only problem - I've gotten a number of harassing
emails, too.  Between the emails and the juvenile posts, one would think
this list is mostly composed of thin-skinned juvenile adolescents who can't
resist the opportunity to use the word "fuck" in a post, and think it's cute
to yell "fuck you!" to someone who is a thousand miles away.  But it will
probably take a few years of growing up for them to realize that such
behavior isn't cute or cool, it's just pathetic.