From: nocon at texas-shooters.com (noconflic)
Subject: Administrivia: Poll

[len@...sys.com] Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 10:37:49PM -0400 wrote:

> I've created a poll to address this "Morning Wood" issue.
> Quite a few people have been contacting us in regards to
> his behaviour on the list and needless to say no small
> number of people have left the list because of recent activity.
>
> http://www.netsys.com/cgi-bin/poll?pn=7
>
> We'll wait a week before taking any action.
>
> Note: We can moderate individuals who are problematic but we
> are loath to actually remove someone from the list because there
> is always hope for improvement. I am optimistic that if people
> can be made aware of their anti-social behaviour they often
> change for the better. We're all human and we've all got our
> faults!
>
> Len

  If i remember correctly, wasn't it mentioned earlier that when anyone
posts or becomes "problematic" to not respond to the list ? but instead
send personal opinions and  off-topic disscussions off-list and not add to
the noise ? perhaps this list should be just moderated and get it over
with. First you start moderating the "trouble makers" then you moderate
the the ones that reply. Shit, It seems that a disscussion that seems to
sparks a flood of responses, someone gets fed up and screams "filter out
so and so, etc.." to solve the problem. Just make it moderated, and you
won't have to go through the trouble of making such polls. I personally
like the fact that this list has a such a broad range of idea's expressed
by indivduals interested in security topics. It gives some inight of the
people within tnhe security idustry.

- nocon