From: bernz at alpha.bernztech.org (David Bernick)
Subject: Re: -1 day exploit - Warning

> Wow, I'd never run something that had a printf statement in it with
>
>  print $sock "JOIN $chan\nPRIVMSG $chan :Hi, Im a moron that ran a fake
>  0day exp loit. v2\nPRIVMSG $chan :to run commands on me, type: ".$nick.":
> command\n";
>
> if you run this you deserve to get owned.  this guy could have at least
> xor'd the strings and base64 encoded them or SOMETHING.

the printf statement is in the shellcode. if you don't know C and/or hex
very well it looks semi-legit. The attached perl code is the decoded shell
code, it's not in the actual "exploit". This is the perfect kind of
program to trojan little hacker wannabes on IRC.

and no one deserves to be owned. They just need to pay for highly paid
security consultants instead (shhh..kidding).