From: cyn0n at myrealbox.com (cyn0n@...ealbox.com)
Subject: (no subject)

greets-
  While there is talk of destroying computers remotely I
have been doing research on the actual 'frying' of networks.
It operates on a simple basis which I have dubbed anj for
lack of information on the subject. Basically whenever a
collision occurs on a 802.3 network the voltage jumps 5 volts
and every computer is told to shut up. Normally every computer
shuts up and than carries on with life. With anj every computer
is encouraged to keep on talking building up the voltage on the
line. Now, as all good tesla students, or you pesky double e's
know that you can have shit loads of voltage but without the
correct current you can't do anything. So, all we have to do is
raise the current and those twisted pair and routers will burst
into flames. I have only proved this method on a local network
with two 486s that I found in the trash. You can probably achieve
this on a greater network but I haven't had the time to work through
the problems presented. The math for determining which piece of
network equipment to fry relies on a couple of variables. You need
to know the resistance of the cable, the length of the cable, and
then you can derive the rest of the stuff you need. If anyone is
interested in my experiments I'll forward them that source and
details of the setup, as if you don't know what you are doing you
will easily either a) fry your computer or b) accomplish nothing, with
the latter being much more common.

cyn0n