From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: Destroying PCs remotely?

	[SNIP}

> I guarantee you that if people start nuking each other's
> computers over the Internet in the name of IP protection, this phantom
> thing we've been calling "cyberterrorism" will take on a much more
> concrete cast.  Welcome back to the old West, partner.  You better
> be packin' a six-shooter, cause every other hombre in town is.

Which sounds alot like efnet a year ago, as well as a few other irc nets
in the more recent future, let alone the internet now and recent past.
Which poor english ISP was it that was recently DDOSed into non-existance?

The WMD's of the internet exist, and have been deployed and used to
varying extents already in limited formats.  The wakeup call comes when
rather then a small DDOS affecting only one or two, a major DDOS is
launched that takes down large sections of the internet for extended
periods while the child that launched them is out mowing lawns for his/her
next stratedgy planning pizza...unless of course we give into the folks at
RIAA./DCMA and legalize all this crap for the select few<shrug> (in texas,
right, certainly not those in utah)...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.