From: cesarc56 at yahoo.com (Cesar)
Subject: RE: [Symantec Security Advisor] Symantec Security Check ActiveX Buffer Overflow

>From Symantect Security check FAQ:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/help.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=22&pkj=PIHTBMRSJRFSKLUKUMX

4. Aren't ActiveX controls dangerous and inherently
unsafe?
Yes and No. ActiveX controls are only as safe as the
company that created them. If a control has a digital
signature, it means that the control has not been
tampered with and is guaranteed to be exactly the same
as when the software publisher created it. The ActiveX
controls we use are digitally signed by Symantec
Corporation. When you see the Security Warning dialog
box, check for the statement "Publisher authenticity
verified by VeriSign". This statement guarantees that
the control has not been tampered with since being
signed by Symantec.

Can Symantec define what is safe?

Cesar.