From: dotslash at snosoft.com (KF)
Subject: Re: [sec-labs] Adobe Acrobat Reader <=5.0.7 Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
 + PoC code

I could not reproduce this with the following files on linux:

gentoo adobe-PoC # md5sum /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread
a4908088a3dfe2d7a72f0792ca8534e0  /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread
gentoo adobe-PoC # md5sum linux-507.tar.gz
25f0ab387ebed3bf63ca24962ffcf9fa  linux-507.tar.gz

nor with

gentoo adobe-PoC # md5sum /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread
a3c3d54042e91d152bb82649038159cf  /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread
gentoo adobe-PoC # md5sum linux-505.tar.gz
5c1cef0b5b1eb75ed01fefb3d6a88ce0  linux-505.tar.gz

I was instead old "A browser has not been specified. Do you want to
configure Weblink Prefrences?"  I set the browser to mozilla and had
no luck with the overflow... just a mozilla mail with a HUGE mail to: line.

am I missing something?

-KF