From: brett at hutley.net (Brett Hutley)
Subject: Internet Explorer 6 DoS Bug

> If you enter C:\aux in the adressline of the IE (not EXPLORER,
> InternetExplorer) and hit enter, the window will freeze. This bug
> is simmilar to C:\con\con

The problem seems to be related to whether you have permissions to
access the AUX device or not. I couldn't freeze explorer on my notebook
where I don't have permissions to the aux device, but could on a
co-workers machine in which we could access the aux device from the
command line.

--
Brett Hutley [MAppFin,CISSP,SANS GCIH]
mailto:brett@...ley.net

I'm sick of eating hoagies!  I want a grinder, a sub, a foot-long
hero!  I want to live, Marge!  Won't you let me live?  Won't you,
please?

		-- Homer Simpson
		   Fear of Flying