From: ccozad at sci-aust.com.au (Chris Cozad)
Subject: Networking security problem?

Greg,

I don't understand what the problem is here. Comparing Windows 98 security
and Windows XP security is like comparing chalk with cheese! One is based on
the DOS file system, while the other is based on the NT file system.

And the screen saver password is only to lock out the screen and keyboard -
it has nothing to do with  file-level security.

Security is to be approached in a multi-layered fashion. Physical security
seems OK (locked door, password protected screen saver), but OS and network
security are non-existant in this case.

Chris