From: BlueBoar at thievco.com (Blue Boar)
Subject: Sintraq - no traffic?

Kurt Seifried wrote:
> I've been signed up for it for ~24 hours now. no traffic. Of course I'm not
> sure that I'm properly signed up, they have a web form you plug your email
> into and that's it. No confirmation email, no welcome message, in fact no
> traffic at all.

I got a majordomo confirmation about 10 hours after submitting on the web
form.  I also got a note (strangely, after I confirmed) that said it was a
closed list, meaning that subs had to be approved by the moderator.

I've received 10 posts since then.  They seem to be more-or-less as
advertised.  Content is roughly similar to the public vulnerability
database from SecurityFocus.

> This is either a scam to collect email addresses or a VERY poorly run
> mailing list from a company that is trying to wear a big set of boots. Or
> they have a broken subscription engine. In any event "A-" for marketing
> effort and "F-" for execution.

One gets the impression that they might be a bit low on resources at them
moment.  People or equipment, I can't tell.

					BB