From: dbailey27 at ameritech.net (northern snowfall)
Subject: Microsoft wins Homeland Security Bid ( Reuters)

>I am not arguing with you.  I am just stating a point of fact.  An
>unfortunate fact, but a fact nonetheless.

If you admit that it is unfortunate, you admit that something must change.
Don't accept problems. Solve them. Otherwise, you are the problem, too.

> It is not the thinking that is
>dangerous, it is the result of economic drivers that product development
>companies place emphasis on and use to determine the focus of their
>initiatives.

You've missed the point that we're not discussing economy. We are
discussing securing our American government's most security intensive
networks relative to a nation's infrastructure. In that fashion it
is *very* dangerous. If you can not see that, you shouldn't be in
this business. But, hey, DHS made the mistake, too. Hopefully, they
wont learn the hard way like the FBI did (to a lesser extent) with
CALEA.

Don

http://www.7f.no-ip.com/~north_