From: chris at neitzert.com (christopher neitzert)
Subject: rumours of new Cisco IOS vulnerability

Details about the vulnerability here:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20030709-swtcp.shtml

Summary
After receiving eight TCP connection attempts using a non-standard TCP
flags combination, a Catalyst switch will stop responding to further TCP
connections to that particular service. In order to re-establish
functionality of that service, the switch must be rebooted. There is no
workaround. This vulnerability affects only CatOS. No other Cisco
products are affected.

This advisory is available at
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20030709-swtcp.shtml.

Affected Products
The CatOS for the following Catalyst models are affected:

      * Catalyst 4000 Series including models 2948G and 2980G/2980G-A

      * Catalyst 5000 Series including models 2901, 2902 and 2926

      * Catalyst 6000

--
Christopher Neitzert http://www.neitzert.com/~chris
 chris@...tzert.com - GPG Key ID: 7DCC491B