From: Bojan.Zdrnja at LSS.hr (Bojan Zdrnja)
Subject: Odd Behavior - Windows Messenger Service

So, you're absolutely 101% sure that ftp or smtp servers have no bugs?

Besides, originally you were talking about *ANY* service being started
before login. Let's see one of your posts:

Morning_wood wrote:

>> imho it is iresponsible default behaivor for a workstation OS to allow
>> remote resources / services / enumeration
>> before any interactive user or administrative login.

Is Slackware irresponsible as well? Don't just tell me it's not a
workstation OS. Or any Linux/BSD/whatever distro?

> IF    and are most "user level" ( which XP most certainly is ) installs
> running services that can be directly accessed and a remote manipulation
> possible?

What manipulation? Spam? You got spam over a message? Your SMTP server on
Slackware will allow that and even more.

Bojan