From: mattmurphy at kc.rr.com (mattmurphy@...rr.com)
Subject: GUNINSKI THE SELF-PROMOTER

"guninski@...inski.com" writes:
>> point.  You whine about two weeks to produce a patch from MS, and then
you
>> wait for an open source project to patch a bug for almost a month, they
>> don't even start, and you still praise their project.  That's hypocrisy

>i take lies about our favorite editor seriously.
>the vim developers fixed the original bug soon. they fixed 2 more semi
>private bugs which i disclosed to them later in the discussion. the
>workaround in my advisory stop potential future exploits via modelines.
>i am satisfied by vim response time.
>i stand by my claim that vim is better than windoze.

You can't compare VIM and Windows, that is comparing two things with
entirely different reaches and purposes.  So, I should ask, what is the
point in that???

Secondly, if you are an advocate of full disclosure, why weren't these
"semi private" exploits revealed along with the other, if you are indeed
following the full disclosure model?  I think you can't stand by your
previous word, so you use degrading terms like "kiddie", to try and
undermine my credibility.  It is quite ridiculous, if you ask me.

>it is fun that i am pita for m$ and trolls like you even without
disclosing >m$ sh*t :)

If anyone here is a troll, it is you.  I have not gone around labeling
people "kiddie" without the slightest knowledge of the background to their
claims, something that you have done.  You have consistently bashed
Microsoft, even though you have been completely idle with respect to
Microsoft since July.  I ask where those claims can possibly come from,
unless of course you have other "semi private" exploits, Georgi?

I've learned something about you -- you only stick to your word, and follow
the standards you've set before, if and when it suits you.  I think the
word that "dhtml@...h.com" (since we have no name for this anonymous fan of
yours) used fits well here -- turncoat.

You support full disclosure when it gives you an opportunity to make a
major vendor look bad.  Plain and simple.