From: thomas at balle.dk (Thomas Balle)
Subject: Secunia  - Delaying information again!

Hi Curious ByStander,

I've noticed this in your email header:

And this in the header of the email from Sintelli where they announced
their new list:
esmtp (Exim 4.10) id 19b6Re-0000AZ-00 for
full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com; Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:32:50 +0000

Interesting!

Comments to your email:

Secunia does not delay the information. The information which we send to
our customers and subscribers of the mail list is sent with only minutes
in between.

We never promised that our information is the fastest, we spend time
confirming, evaluating and rewriting the information. It is the nature
of our service to do so - this causes a "delay".

Our concern about BugTraq is that you often find information in a
certain vulnerability database before you receive the original email
from BugTraq. SF claims this isn't the case. We encourage everyone to go
look for them selves, I'm sure you will agree with us, that the timing
is strange - I guess there is a reason why you have subscribed to
Full-Disclosure :)

That is why we encourage everybody to use Full-Disclosure and VulnWatch
when publishing information, currently that is the only two sources that
doesn't have a financial interest in delaying or censoring information.

We believe in Full-Disclosure too.

Kind regards,

Thomas Kristensen
Secunia